Thursday, August 11, 2011

On Five Years

While it is hard to believe, July 22 was our five year wedding anniversary.  Since that was the day we were driving home from Williamsburg, VA, we celebrated early.  While vacationing with Tom's family, one night Tom's parents watched Colleen so that we could go out to eat at Shields Tavern on the Restoration.  Of course, we forgot the camera and therefore we don't have any pictures of the evening.  But, it was a great meal anyway. Afterwards we took a walk and then went on a drive on the Colonial Parkway which connects Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown.

When I decided to go to school at Bowling Green, I remember my mom telling me what a big decision it was and that I might meet my future husband there.  At the time, I couldn't imagine being married.  Now, I can't imagine life without Tom.  I'm very lucky to have married my best friend; who, as it turns out, is a wonderful father as well.

I love you Tom! Looking forward to many more years together!

No comments:

Post a Comment