Sunday, January 9, 2011

On a Nephew's 1st Birthday

The number one thing I miss the most living in North Carolina is family.  Tom and I have often said we would love to stay down here forever, but the closest family member is an 8 hour drive in the car.  Growing up, my family always made a big deal about birthdays.  So I find those days sometimes the hardest.  When I call home and hear people laughing in the background getting ready to eat cake and ice cream.

So, I was glad when Tom and I were able to be there for Cole's first birthday party on December 30th.  I know everyone says this, but I can't believe he is a year old already.  Time really does fly.


The Birthday Boy with his balloons...check out that hair!




Brothers-Cole and Alex

Yum.

Good thing Cole had another cake to share with everyone else!

Cole and Aleks checking out the gift from Aunt Katy and Uncle Tom.







1 comment:

  1. He is a cutie! (And lucky to have a great Aunt Katy and Uncle Tom.)

    ReplyDelete