Monday, January 17, 2011

On Brees' Nursery

My mom and dad came down Martin Luther King Jr. weekend to visit.  Luckily, they were willing to help us work on the nursery.   I know it might be early to have all this together already, but Tom and I have a lot going on in February and March and feel better having all this accomplished already.  A big thanks to Mom and Dad for all their help!

Although there is still more to do (you can't see inside the dresser drawers or closets in the pictures), here is a sneak peek at Brees' nursery!

Before

Tom and Dad putting together the My Little Lamb Swing

Tom and Dad putting together the crib

Making (or as Tom calls it "setting") the crib

Mom and I unwrapped and opened most of the items we got and did several loads of laundry to start putting items in place.

Clean newborn clothes!

Luke enjoyed the new glider.  Our problem is keeping him off the changing tables, pack-n-play, and crib.  Any suggestions?

Shelves with our vintage toys.


The stuffed Curious George was Tom's growing up, the Curious George jack-in-the-box was our nephew Alex's, and the elephant traveled all the way from Italy!





Tom built the lamp we are using in the nursery.  We bought these nesting blocks at an antique store and he screwed them together and added the accessories to make it a lamp.  He is quite handy!

This is the "baby station" in the family room-swing, changing table, and pack-n-play.


It is fun to come into the rooms and see them all prepared for Brees.  I have a feeling I'll be sitting in the nursery more than I was ever in the guest room...even before Brees is born.
















5 comments:

  1. That's the same swing we got per suggestion from my sister-in-law. Absolutely loved it. The room looks great and I had our room together early too but waited until the last few weeks to get the remaining items that we would need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful nursery! I can't believe how prepared you are! That's great, though. It'll make bringing Brees home so much easier. About the cat, you might try putting aluminum foil on top of everything you don't want them on. I haven't tried that personally, but heard it helps. I can't wait to see all of this in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nursery looks great! (and so do you!)

    ReplyDelete