Monday, January 3, 2011

On a Mangan Baby Shower and Christmas

On Monday, December 27th, my Mom's side of the family got together at the Corner House for a lovely baby shower for Brees.

 The Corner House is run by a couple in Lewisburg, Ohio.  It was fun having all the Mangan ladies hanging out together in such a neat setting.

Food included soup and sandwiches.  The sandwiches had slaw, apple, and I believe some type of cranberry sauce on them...yum! 

Sophie and I

Grandma, me, and Mom

We even liked the way the owner wrapped up the extra food for us to take!

The whole gang!


The evening of the shower, the Mangan family got together to celebrate Christmas.  Although not everyone was able to make it, we had family in from New York, California, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Kentucky!


Here is Tom picking a gift in the gift exchange.

This was taken right after Mom and Aunt Janeil were laughing so hard they could barely talk.  I don't even remember what they were laughing about!

I'll admit, when everyone started packing up to leave, I had a minor mental meltdown.  We were all saying goodbye and all of a sudden I realized that the next time I would see most of these people, the baby will have already been born.  Then I started to think about all the things Tom and I need to do between now and then.  For those of you who don't know me well, I am a planner and I felt like we had no plan!  We haven't signed up for our birthing classes, the nursery is just an empty room, and I feel like I have no idea what I am doing.  We only have three months left and there is so much to do!

But maybe this is a good thing.  Because now we've started a plan...well at least for the next two weekends.  This weekend we will be taking down and putting away the Christmas decorations as well as buying some of the major things we need for the nursery such as the crib and the glider with ottoman.  The following weekend, my parents will be coming to town and we are hoping they won't mind helping us start setting up the nursery.  

Three months seems like a lot of time, but the last three seemed to have gone so quickly.  But, at least it is a start.

1 comment:

  1. Include Pop Pop in your plan as I'll be there to help in January, February, March, and more. We love you!

    ReplyDelete