Saturday, April 21, 2012

On a Special Goodnight Moon

As an adult, one of my favorite children's books is Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown with pictures by Clement Hurd.  Maybe it's the vintage looking pictures that rotate between black and white and color or the ideal bedroom that is so roomy it houses a fireplace.  

For Colleen's birthday, she received a very special version of Goodnight Moon.
My mom, after having found Goodnight Moon fabric, created a cloth book for Colleen in the same format as the original story.  Only Colleen's version has family pictures.

Even the fabric surrounding the pictures represents the people in the pictures.  Here, you can see the baseball fabric for my dad and the sewing scissors fabric for my mom.

Colleen loves the book.






With family so far away, I love having something that Colleen can always have with her that has family members' pictures and names.  We read the story together all the time so Colleen is able to "see" her extended family often.

Thanks Mom.  Colleen loves it. (As do I).



No comments:

Post a Comment