Sunday, October 24, 2010

On a Great October Week

This past week, my mom drove down to visit.


On Wednesday, she got to see Tom coach our middle school football team to a 36-6 victory.

On Thursday, she came with Tom and I to our 18-week ultrasound.  It was so good to see her!  I was disappointed that she could stay the weekend, but she claimed to have a wedding to go to.  As Tom said, "A short visit is better than no visit."  But little did I know that while my mom was driving back to Ohio...


...my sister, Kara, was on the way to North Carolina from Kentucky for a surprise visit!  She surprised me after school on Friday leaving her husband, Andy, to watch their three kids.  Mom had lied.  There was no wedding.  She had decided to make that up so Kara and I could have some sister time together.  Kara was a huge help getting our registry going at Babies R Us since Tom and I are new at the baby thing.

Then, on Saturday we met my college roommate Kim, her husband Don, and their little son Max to go to the Lexington BBQ Festival.




On Sunday, Kara, Tom and I drove to Durham, North Carolina to meet our friend Steve at Mellow Mushroom and then went to visit some of Kara's friends who live in the area. 


Now that it a great weekend!

1 comment: