Sunday, February 6, 2011

On a Book Club Baby Shower

I've been in my book club for about 5 years now.  My mentor and a fellow teacher invited me to come during my first year of teaching.  For those of you who have been a first year teacher, you know how much stress it can be.  So, I decided that it would be nice to be involved in something that wasn't completely school related.

Needless to say, I'm glad I did.  The best part about book club is that no one cares if you had a busy month and didn't read the book.  Or, if you started to read it, didn't like it, and decided not to finish it.  No judgement.  Just a group of ladies (most who are or were involved in the education field) getting together once a month to discuss a book....and school....and life.  Oh, and there is usually some good food too!

In January, book club threw me a baby shower.  Brees got some cute outfits, books, and toys.









Thanks Ladies!  Hope to see you next month...if Brees doesn't come early!

No comments:

Post a Comment