Friday, November 19, 2010

On Doctor's Appointments

I've been lucky in the fact that Tom has been able to come to most of my doctor's appointments so far.  It is nice to have him there so that he can meet all the doctors that may be on call the day I deliver.  It is also nice to have a second set of ears to listen to what the doctor has to say and how he/she answers our questions.

However, having Tom at one of my earlier appointments probably gave others the wrong impression.  We were in the waiting room with several other people and two siblings who seemed to be in the waiting room by themselves.  I would say the girl was about 8 and the boy around 6 or 7.  They weren't too badly behaved at first-just unable to keep still-normal for kids that age.  However, after just a few minutes they were chasing each other from chair to chair and crawling under and over the tables and chairs.  People were starting to take notice of their behavior.  I still didn't think it was too bad seeing as they were out there by themselves.  But, that's when Tom pointed out to me that everyone in the room probably thought they were our kids.  Confused, I looked at him and that's when he pointed out that they young boy had red hair about the same shade as Tom's.  It was at that moment that the boy went over to the fountain in the lobby and stuck his head in the waterfall.

Tom and I just laughed as we walked back for my appointment wondering what the people in the lobby thought about our "parenting" skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment